Virutal Colonoscopy is Now Covered by Many Insurances!
Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in men and women. Early diagnosis can change this. The 5 year survival rate for localized, early colon cancer is 90%. Unfortunately, only 39% of colon cancers are diagnosed at early stages due to inadequate, or lack of screening.
Virtual Colonoscopy at Front Range Endorses an Easier Alternative!
The American Cancer Society stated that virtual colonoscopies, or CTC, are one of the best primary screening tests for colon cancer risk. Several insurance companies are now covering the screening procedure.
Why Virtual Colonoscopy is the Best Choice for Primary Colorectal Cancer Screening
1. Accuracy – Virtual finds cancers inside as well as outside the colon
2. Safety – Virtual eliminates unnecessary invasive procedures.
3. Statistically- Fewer than 8% of people need a referral to go on for an optical or conventional colonoscopy.
4. Virtual provides the surgeon with an exact ” road map” shold polyps need removal.
5. No sedation, no dyes, okay to stay on anti-coagulant therapies
6. Takes about 20 minutes
7. Easier, at-home prep
8. Costs less.